Introduction and General Terms
- How we will use your contact details;
- How we use your details to contact you;
- When will we disclose your details to anyone else;
- Your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us;
As set out above, PelicanCorp is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all laws concerning the protection of personal information. The websites contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third-party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or are collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third-party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
How PelicanCorp will use your contact details?
PelicanCorp will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following: -
- For "service administration purposes", which means that PelicanCorp may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for, as set out in paragraph 3 below (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance);
- To contact you about a submission you have made to the websites, including any content you provide.
- IP addresses are used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use; and to analyse and improve the services offered through our web sites. e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience.
Where PelicanCorp proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for your use other than as listed above.
How we use your contact details to contact you?
PelicanCorp may contact you: -
- In relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that the PelicanCorp can deliver the services to you;
- Where you have opted to receive further correspondence;
- To invite you to participate in surveys about PelicanCorp’s services (participation is always voluntary); and
- For marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this
PelicanCorp will not contact you for any other marketing purposes or promote new services to you unless you specifically agree to be contacted for these purposes. Will PelicanCorp share my personal information with anyone else? We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies). Generally, we will only use your information within your registered service.
How long will PelicanCorp keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, as required for legal and statutory purposes, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with PelicanCorp. In the case that you wish to cancel your registration as a user, once an account is deleted a red flag goes on the database and, while people cannot use the personal information, it stays on the system for a maximum of 7 years for administration purposes before being deleted and fully removed automatically.
How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
PelicanCorp complies with widely recognized key data protection principles (fairness, purpose limitation, data quality, data retention, compliance with individuals’ rights, security) and takes reasonable measures for the security of personal information.
We respect the privacy rights and interests of individuals and will observe the following principles when processing your personal information:
- Collecting personal information for specified, legitimate purposes and not processing it further in ways incompatible with those purposes;
- Keeping personal information only as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and processed;
- Processing personal information in accordance with individuals’ legal rights;
- Taking appropriate technical, physical, and organizational measures to prevent unauthorized access, unlawful processing, and unauthorised or accidental loss, destruction, or damage to personal information;
- When processing sensitive personal information, ensuring appropriate notice and consent or that the processing otherwise complies with applicable law
Offensive or inappropriate content on our websites
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to PelicanCorp websites, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on these websites, PelicanCorp may use your personal information to stop such behaviour. Where PelicanCorp reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of the territory you operate from (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), PelicanCorp may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, e-mail/Internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
What Are Your Rights?
PelicanCorp will comply with your rights to access and correct your personal information. You may inquire as to the nature of the personal information stored or processed about you by relevant PelicanCorp Services subscribed too, and you will be given access to your personal information in a reasonable amount of time.
You always have the right to object to our marketing communications. Your prior consent is sought when required by applicable law. To opt out of emails, simply use the functionality provided at the bottom of any email we send you.
Important information for individuals in the EEA
If you are located in the EEA, PelicanCorp also complies with GDPR specific requirements including those relating to legal grounds for processing, cross border data transfers, automated decision making and profiling and data retention.
25th September 2018